Headsprout Reading Comprehension
Can your students read but still have trouble with comprehension? Headsprout Reading Comprehension provides students in grades 3-5 with the ability to comprehend what they read, to demonstrate that understanding across the different subjects in school, and to demonstrate those skills on standardized tests!
Headsprout Reading Comprehension includes:
- 50, 30-minute online lessons
which teach students strategies to master the four main components of comprehension:
- Finding facts
- Making inferences
- Identifying themes and the “main idea”
- Learning vocabulary in context
Makes learning new vocabulary fast and easy with our proprietary vocabulary acquisition system.
- Individualized, adaptive instruction, not just practice answering questions, as students are actually taught how to comprehend and the reason for learning comprehension.
- Increasing passage complexity as the program progresses to include more complex sentences and longer passages, more answer choices and more variation in questions.
- Passages and vocabulary that teach a variety of subjects and include: tables of contents, headings, maps, and measurement: scales, rulers and charts.
- Automated progress reports that show how your students are doing in the program.