Headsprout Advanced Reading Comprehension
Headsprout Advanced Reading Comprehension provides explicit, systematic instruction in reading comprehension strategies and vocabulary for students in grades 4-6.
Headsprout Advanced Reading Comprehension includes:
- Fifty 30-minute online lessons that teach students four main comprehension strategies:
- Finding answers in text
- Making inferences
- Identifying themes and the main idea
- Learning vocabulary in context
- Instruction in and practice working with dictionaries and thesauri, prefixes and root words, and common idioms.
- Individualized, adaptive instruction—not just practice answering questions.
- Explicit vocabulary instruction that makes learning new vocabulary fast and easy.
- Automated student progress reports.
- Instruction and practice in reading and answering questions about different types of text, including:
- Narrative text
- Informational text
- Instructional text
- Persuasive essays
- Illustrations and diagrams