Can your students read but still have trouble with comprehension?
Headsprout Reading Comprehension provides students in grades 3-5 with the ability to comprehend what they read, to demonstrate that understanding across the different subjects in school, and to demonstrate those skills on standardized tests!
Headsprout Reading Comprehension includes:
- 50, 30-minute online lessons which teach students strategies to master the four main components of comprehension:
- Finding facts
- Making inferences
- Identifying themes and the “main idea”
- Learning vocabulary in context
- Makes learning new vocabulary fast and easy with our proprietary vocabulary acquisition system.
- Individualized, adaptive instruction, not just practice answering questions, as students are actually taught how to comprehend and the reason for learning comprehension.
- Increasing passage complexity as the program progresses to include more complex sentences and longer passages, more answer choices and more variation in questions.
- Passages and vocabulary that teach a variety of subjects and include: tables of contents, headings, maps, and measurement: scales, rulers and charts.
- Automated progress reports that show what your students are learning.
Do your students need more help learning to read?
Headsprout Early Reading makes the perfect foundation for Headsprout Reading Comprehension.
If you are looking for Headsprout Early Reading for grades K - 2, click here.